You may ring at any time to leave a message regarding your child’s absence or alternatively email: email@example.com. Please see our attendance policy (pdf, 247kb) and the penalty notices guide.
All visitors to the Academy are requested to abide by the Visitors’ Code of Conduct at all times.
Visiting the Academy
Please be advised that where necessary, an appointment can be made in advance to see an appropriate member of staff. Please be aware that staff may only see parents and carers by prior appointment. Please do not visit the Academy and expect to be seen by a particular member of staff without a prior appointment. Sometimes parents and carers may be asked to see a different member of staff who is better placed to deal with the issue raised, rather than the original member of staff requested.
The main telephone number for the Academy is 0117 4565900. This will be answered between 8.30am and 4.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 3.30pm on Friday (there is an answerphone to leave a message outside of these times).
Child protection and safeguarding
If you have a child protection or safeguarding concern, please contact Mr Lyle, Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) on 0117 4565900.
Student welfare and inclusion
- Form Tutor: Please refer any issues regarding welfare to your child’s tutor in the first instance. They can be contacted on the main school number (0117 4565900). They will aim to contact you within 48 hours, however, please be aware that tutors are generally full time teachers and are unlikely to be able to call back during the school day.
- Pastoral Support Team
- Deputy Heads of House: Should be contacted if working specifically with your child.
- Heads of House: Can be contacted if your child’s tutor has been unable to resolve your issue.
Head of House: Mr Davey
Deputy Head of House: Mrs Goodridge
Head of House: Mr Lyle
Deputy Head of House: Miss Marsh
Head of House: Ms Blueman
Deputy Head of House: Mrs Jones-White
Head of House: Mrs Hart
Deputy Head of House: Mrs Pinney
- SEND: If your query is regarding your child’s special educational needs, then you will need to contact our SENDCO (Ms Haden) or Assistant SENDCO (Miss Connor) on 0117 4565900.
- Attendance: for anything attendance related please contact Miss Appleby on 0117 4565900.
This team is co-ordinated by Ms Deady, Vice Principal.
- In the first instance, with any curriculum/subject concerns or questions, please contact your child’s teacher for that subject on 0117 4565900. They will aim to respond to you within 48 hours. (Please note: the Pastoral Support Team will be unable to provide you with the appropriate response to a curriculum issue, so please contact your child’s teacher).
- More urgent or serious concerns will be escalated by your child’s teacher to the Curriculum Team Leader for that subject. If you have a complaint regarding a subject or curriculum area, please contact the relevant Curriculum Team Leader on 0117 4565900.
- English: Mrs Slocombe
- Maths: Mr Rossiter
- Science: Mr Golledge
- Geography: Mr Hill
- History: Mr Hill
- Values & Beliefs: Mr Hill
- Modern Foreign Languages: Mrs Saunders
- Art, Drama, Music and Photography: Miss Harland
- Technology: Miss Shand
- PE: Mr Shiells
- ICT: Miss Way
- Social Sciences: Ms Sharp
Examinations, work experience and careers guidance
- Examinations, work experience and careers guidance: Please contact our Examinations Officer, Ms Murray with any exam queries.
- Post-16: Please contact Mrs Collins on 0117 4565900.
If you wish to contact a member of staff via email, please send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be forwarded to the relevant member of staff and we will aim to respond within two school days.
Please ensure that all communication, verbal or written, is appropriate. Your behaviour as a role model to your child is vital in us maintaining a positive relationship with them in school. Please bear this in mind when talking to staff at the Academy, either on the phone or in person. We will not tolerate aggressive or abusive behaviour or language.
Principal: Mr D Anderson
Chair of Intervention Board: Mrs A Arlidge
Clerk to Governors: Mrs A Halliwell (contact: email@example.com)
SENCO: Ms K Haden