You may ring at any time to leave a message regarding your child’s absence or alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see our attendance policy (Pdf, 247kb) and the penalty notices guide.
All visitors to the academy are requested to abide by the visitors’ code of conduct at all times.
Visiting the academy - update COVID-19 September 2020
Parents and Carers are asked not to visit the Academy and to make contact via email E: email@example.com or telephone T: 0117 456 5900. Main Reception will be temporarily re-located to the Sports Centre. This enables us to create a protective bubble around the school to ensure we can limit the risk of infection from those outside our school. We will not be accepting visitors on to site for meetings. All meetings for the first two terms at least will be conducted remotely as they have for the last few months.
Main Reception in the Sports Centre will be open for any items students may have forgotten to be dropped off, students to be collected for medical appointments or when unwell etc. We will be unable to meet with you if you arrive at Reception in the hope of getting to see a member of staff.
Thank you for your understanding.
Main Reception in the Sports Centre will be open from Monday-Friday 8.00am-3.30pm with closure between 12.00pm-12.30pm.
Sometimes parents and carers may be asked to speak to a different member of staff who is better placed to deal with the issue raised, rather than the original member of staff requested.
The main telephone number for the Academy is 0117 456 5900. This will be answered between 8.30am and 4.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 3.30pm on Friday (there is an answerphone to leave a message outside of these times).
Child protection and safeguarding
If you have a child protection or safeguarding concern, please contact Mr Lyle, Safeguarding Lead T: 0117 456 5900.
Student welfare and inclusion
- Form Tutor: Please refer any issues regarding welfare to your child’s tutor in the first instance. They can be contacted on the main school number T: 0117 456 5900. They will aim to contact you within 48 hours, however, please be aware that tutors are generally full time teachers and are unlikely to be able to call back during the school day.
The Pastoral Support team has temporarily been restructured for support for students whilst in Year Group Areas.
Pastoral Support Team
- Deputy Heads of Year: Should be contacted if working specifically with your child.
- Heads of Year: Can be contacted if your child’s tutor has been unable to resolve your issue.
Head of Year: Mrs Hart
Deputy Head of Year: Mrs Edwards
Head of Year: Mrs John
Deputy Head of Year: Ms Carpenter
Head of Year: Mrs Pinney
Deputy Head of Year: Ms Erwood
Head of Year: Mr Davey
Deputy Head of Year: Mrs Goodridge
Head of Year: Ms Blueman
Deputy Head of Year: Mrs Palmer
- SEND: If your query is regarding your child’s special educational needs, then you will need to contact our SENDCo Miss Connor or Assistant SENDCo Mrs Morris on 0117 456 5900.
- Attendance: for anything attendance related please contact Miss Appleby on 0117 456 5900.
This team is co-ordinated by Ms Deady, Vice Principal.
- In the first instance, with any curriculum/subject concerns or questions, please contact your child’s teacher for that subject on 0117 456 5900. They will aim to respond to you within 48 hours. (Please note: the Pastoral Support Team will be unable to provide you with the appropriate response to a curriculum issue, so please contact your child’s teacher).
- More urgent or serious concerns will be escalated by your child’s teacher to the Curriculum Team Leader for that subject. If you have a complaint regarding a subject or curriculum area, please contact the relevant Curriculum Team Leader on 0117 456 5900.
- English: Dr Condon
- Maths: Mr Rossiter
- Science: Mrs Radford-Cole
- Geography: Mrs Ward
- History: Mrs Ward
- Values and Beliefs: Mrs Ward
- Modern Foreign Languages: Mrs Saunders
- Art, Drama, Music and Photography: Miss Harland
- Technology: Miss Shand
- PE: Mr Shiells
- ICT: Mr Jones
- Social Sciences: Ms Sharp
Examinations, work experience and careers guidance
- Examinations, work experience and careers guidance: Please contact our Examinations Officer, Ms Murray on 0117 456 5900 with any exam queries
- Post-16: Please contact Mrs Collins on 0117 456 5900.
If you wish to contact a member of staff via email, please send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be forwarded to the relevant member of staff and we will aim to respond within two school days.
Please ensure that all communication, verbal or written, is appropriate. Your behaviour as a role model to your child is vital in us maintaining a positive relationship with them in school. Please bear this in mind when talking to staff at the Academy, either on the phone or in person. We will not tolerate aggressive or abusive behaviour or language.
Principal: Mr Anderson
Chair of Intervention Board: Mrs Arlidge
Clerk to Governors: Mrs Halliwell, email: email@example.com
SENDCo: Miss Connor
Wellsway Multi Academy Trust
Wellsway Multi Academy Trust is a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 07746787.