- Year 11 exam information: 14th February 2020 (Pdf)
- Exam information booklet (Pdf, 7.1mb) Everything you need to know about your examinations, revision and results
Important exam information for Year 11 students - please read carefully
- Personalised seating timetables will be issued nearer the time.
- Please be at the exam room in time to start the exam at the given time.
- Please remember - no bags, coats, mobile phones etc to be taken into the exam room.
- Please remember you must enter the exam room in silence and remain this way until you have left the room.
- Please remember your equipment - black pens, pencils, rubber, ruler, maths equipment and calculator for science and maths papers (when allowed)
- If you are entitled to extra time, this may be difficult to use due to the timings of the PPE exams. We value your health and wellbeing and want to ensure that you have a reasonable break and lunch time. Please therefore mark on your exam paper where you would have used your extra time so that the teacher is aware.
- Good luck!
- Any issues, please see Ms Murray in M2 as a matter of urgency. We will do our best to sort out any issues you may have.
Summer exam information
Important documents for candidates - please carefully read
- These general timetables are in addition to the individual timetables which were issued to students earlier in the year.
- Please click on the tabs at the bottom to see the timetable one week at a time.
- Please note that start times can be changed but this will be communicated to students as soon as possible.
- Before all exams, we aim to provide a briefing room where students can gather and have a last minute encouraging talk from the subject teacher.
- For students sitting morning exams, we will provide a free healthy breakfast where water, juice, fruit etc. will be provided.
- We would expect all students to attend and take advantage of both the briefing and free refreshments if possible.
Please note for reference the Exams Office is located in M2. Ms Murray is the Examinations Officer.
We recently held an assembly for all Year 11 students to remind them of the best way to prepare for examinations and to bring together the advice that we have been giving in lessons this year.
We reminded students of the importance of using time at home and during the upcoming holiday period and weekends to revise. Attending school every day is also very important.
Please see the revision presentation (Pdf, 2mb) which you might wish to discuss with your son/daughter.
Here is some subject specific revision guidance which is available to your daughter/son.
Exam related policies
- Access arrangements (Pdf, 117kb)
- Candidates who are late or absent for/ from examinations (Pdf, 230kb)
- Complaints and appeals procedure (Pdf, 262kb)
- General data protection regulation (Pdf, 280kb)
- Disability policy (Pdf, 348kb)
- Emergency evacuation (Pdf, 228kb)
- Enquiries about results, access to scripts and appeals to awarding bodies procedures (Pdf, 252kb)
- Exam contingency plan (Pdf, 348kb)
- Exams archiving (Pdf, 115kb)
- Exams policy (Pdf, 255kb)
- Internal appeals procedure (Pdf, 311kb)
- Lockdown during an exam (Pdf, 65kb)
- Managing behaviour in the exam (Pdf, 214kb)
- Non-examination assessment (Pdf, 376kb)
- Food and drink in the exam rooms (Pdf, 208kb)
- Separate invigilation within the centre policy (Pdf, 202kb)
- Special consideraton (Pdf, 204kb)
- Specialist assessor and the assessment process (Pdf, 58kb)
- Verifying candidate identity (Pdf, 213kb)
- Exam contingency: important information
- Important documents for candidates
- On-screen tests (Pdf, 40kb)
- Privacy notice general and vocational qualifications (Pdf, 36kb)
- Using social media and examinations/assessments (Pdf, 631kb)
- Written examinations (Pdf, 41kb)
- Non-examination assessments (Pdf, 45kb)
- GCSE controlled assessments (Pdf, 45kb)
- Coursework assessments: GCE, ELC and project qualifications (Pdf, 45kb)